Tuesday 18 June 2013

My Fashion Inspirations...


Ever since I was little I’ve always been into fashion. I’ve always been told that even from a very young age I’ve always chosen my own outfits and never wanted to wear anything that my mum picked out for me! But recently I’ve really discovered my own true style, what suits me and what I really love to wear. I’d say that my sense of style has changed quite drastically from this time last year. I’m very often asked for style advice on twitter and Instagram and told how my style inspires others to dress so I ‘m going to put together a few of my top fashion influences who have really inspired my style recently…

Most people won’t know this about me but my main style influence at the moment has been Eleanor Calder.  Her style never fails and always seems to look amazing no matter what she’s wearing. Her style is very causal yet classic with a girly but monochrome edgy twist here and there allowing her to always look put together no matter what the occasion is. From her casual look of, oversized knitted jumpers and high waisted skinny’s with converse to her more formal, jumpsuits and blouses paired with cut out shoes, she’s never a slave to a trend, keeping it minimal, but always herself. I blame her for my current obsession with Topshop.

Out of all the celebrities I could pick from I’d say that my main influence from a very young age has been Miley Cyrus. Once again she’s never a slave to a trend, by dressing how she wants. I’d say she has that slightly edgier side to her. She completely rocks monochrome colours to spikes and all things high waisted pairing them all with combat boots and converse. Her layering of clothing is absolutely flawless and she always somehow looks put together yet casual. She is slightly edgier than my personal style but each item she styles, I adore.

Lastly, I would say, as my third choice would have to be Taylor swift. Her style is the definition of ‘Classy’. Her preppy and country yet elegant style never fails to impress me. Stripes, Vintage dresses, high waisted shorts, brogues and blouses all come to mind when I think about Taylor’s style whilst once again incorporating monochrome colours on a daily basis. This inspires the girly side of my fashion sense, which has always been the unique style of Taylor swift.

Bethany xoxo



2 comments: