Saturday 13 July 2013

Favourites of the week...

When deciding on a new blog post and what I wanted to write about, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to do a 'favourites' type post. But seeing as were well into July I'm too late for June favourites and too early for July favourites so I've settled for an in-between. Im going to show you all what I've been loving this week seeing as here in the UK the sun has finally come out and it now really feels like summer! I've managed to have my legs out all week giving me the chance to rediscover my summer clothes. So here are my top 5 favourites:

         
Photo from Instagram (@xBexBabyx):  Dress - Asos

1. My White Low-top Converse:

I got my white Converse around this time last year so they were getting rather dirty and were starting to look slightly scabby so it was time for the washing machine! They still don't look 'new' but I like that look when they are slightly worn in. I've been rocking them nearly every day this week with absolutely everything as they really just match every outfit. I'm also still at school (final week yay!) so they keep my outfits dare I say 'practical'.
I've really enjoyed matching them with dresses as I think dresses with converse can look really cute. Converse are an absolute must in my closet!





Photo from Instagram (@xBexBabyx): Dress- Forever21


2. Hair Bows:

Hair Bows are everywhere this summer and everyone from celebrities such as Ariana Grande to youtubers like MacBarbie07 are wearing them. This trend made its appearance back last year around christmas time and it's still going strong. They seemed so easy to make instead of buying each for around £10 which would really add up if you wanted multiple. I started making a tartan one last christmas but since then I've become quite an expert (even if i say so myself) at making these bows using scraps of materials. Ive been wearing them on half up half down hair styles, tops of ponytails and simply pinned in the side of my hair. They can add a really girly touch to any outfit.




'On and On bronze' - Maybelline Colour tattoo

3. Maybelline New York Colour Tattoo 24hr Gel-Cream Eyeshadow:

I absolutely adore these little eyeshadow pots. I continuously use them throughout the year, especially as a base underneath my eyeshadow. But seeing as it's now summer, I don't want to be wearing tons (or if any) makeup. I like to spread this on my eyelid, on its own and it gives the most gorgeous bronzed taupe coloured effect. It doesn't crease or disappear because of the heat throughout the day unlike many drugstore gel eyeshadows. It's also perfect for when your in a slightly rush and you can quickly just swipe this on your eyes and look ready to go! Definitely a must have for the summer.







4. Demi Lovato's new album 'Demi':

I'm one of those people who will download a load of music and just listen to that on repeat for weeks until I get bored and need something total new to listen too. I've always listened to Demi's music and I've always found her as such an inspiration and I've been meaning to download this album for weeks and I finally got round to it this week. I really didn't expect for it to be as amazing as it is! I haven't been able to stop listening to it all week and I've got a feeling it's going to be on repeat almost all of this summer. Each song is stunning and its really hard to pick a few favourites. I would say 'Made in the USA' and 'Two Pieces' probably stand out to me the most so you should al definitely give this album a go and check it out.



Photo taken on a Canon using Black and White film

5. My Film camera:

Recently, Ive been really venturing out of my comfort zone in photography and have been trying out some new types instead of just always using my Canon60D.  Ive been desperate to try shooting some roll of film to see how that grainy effect that almost looks 'vintage' works and adds to a simple photography. Whenever i get the chance I like to just snap away and hope I've got a few pretty decent photographs. When going up to London the other day I used some black and white film to see what would happen. As you can see on the left theres a result of one that I took and Im in love with this photo. I'm so impressed with the overall quality and how its turned out. I even developed these photographs straight from the film myself (well with my dads help haha). But I'm so excited to take even more photos on my film camera and really just start experimenting this summer so I can really experiment.








Bethany, xoxo





3 comments:

  1. Haha great favourite things you got there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with Color Tattoos, they are so good aren't they :)

    ReplyDelete