Sunday 21 July 2013

My Summer Wardrobe Essentials...

Every girl should have those few pieces in her wardrobe that just seem to 'work' with everything and make putting together an outfit a lot easier especially in the hotter months. Over the past few weeks during this hotter weather here in England I've really come to realise what pieces in my wardrobe seem to be my 'go to' items that i always find myself wearing and what matches well with everything else. Here I've put together a few which I feel are great essentials for the summer time:



1. Dungarees: I've talked about dungarees before and I'm not going to stop anytime soon because I really do love them. They are great to throw on and always create the illusion that you've tried really hard with the outfit. You can wear basically any top underneath them depending on if you want to dress them up or down, this goes with shoes as well.

2. Oversized T-shirts: T-shirts are really the definition of 'basic' but I've come to the conclusion that they can be much more than that. They work with pretty much anything, tucked into jeans, skirts and shorts and can give the most laid-back cute look. I love rolling the sleeves up on t-shirts to give the impression you've once again put thought into the outfit.

3. Aviator Sunglasses: I've been rather obsessed with my vintage RayBan aviator sunglasses. They are a classic shape that always seem to be on trend and can really pull any outfit together. I've also been enjoying wearing them on my head to keep my hair out of my face and almost as a hair accessory that comes in handy!

4.Cropped T-shirts: Once again these are very basic but because of the cropped style they work incredibly well with high waisted items and dungarees! Because theres a lot less material they are a lot cooler to wear when its a lot hotter outside and you don't have to necessarily just wear them out, you can tuck them in which allows you to add more shape.

5. White tennis shoes/Plimsoles: I feel as if white shoes just go with everything. They can give any outfit a dressed down feel whist still keeping it cute. I love to wear my white converse with dresses and skirts but also with rolled up jeans and leggings. You can just throw them on once again with any outfit and be ready to go instantly!

6. High waisted Jean shorts: I'm very fussy about shorts, and I always seem to choose dresses over them but my levi high waisted jean shorts are my favourite. I've found high waisted styles to be more flattering and overall more trendy. They allow you to tuck in tops but also wear cropped styles without showing too much skin.

7. Light Strapless Blouses: They can add colour to any outfit but still keep what your wearing light . I liked these style of tops slightly cropped so they work well with high waisted items but also with rolled up jeans showing the slightest bit of skin. There are so many different styles around in every colour and are easy to find in your style.

8. Gladiator sandals: Sandals are my alternative to white plimsoles. If its really hot outside they are great in keeping your feet cool but because of all the straps it adds that extra something and are a lot more interesting compared to a normal sandal. I've been loving these in a tan brown colour because they really do go with everything because of the neutral tones.

Bethany, xoxo


1 comment: