Friday 5 July 2013

My Top Summer Trends...

I've never really been a sucker for trends. I've always been one to wear what I want and make sure I'm comfortable in what Im wearing instead of feeling the pressure too look a certain way. But I do love feeling stylish and I'm sure most people do too! Recently I've become obsessed with a couple of style blogs and they've introduced me too some new style trends that I've just totally fallen in love with. I thought I would share my current favourites which I've been styling and rocking (well trying too) recently.

(left to right) Topshop 'Vintage Moto Dungarees', Asos 'Denim Pinafore dress', Topshop 'Paisley Dungaree Playsuit'

Some may call them overall's but I've always know them as Dungarees. At first I really wasn't sure about these, I never thought I'd be able to pull them off and make them look good! Until I came across a couple of style posts where they had been paired with converse and graphic/cropped T-shirts and I absolutely fell in love! Next thing I know, I have 3 pairs that I want to just wear every day. They are the perfect cross between a pair of shorts and a dress and all round very practical! Every time I slip on my dungarees i feel like I'm back in the 90's and the need to have a boom box on my shoulder. I love my denim ones for every day wear with basic T-shirts underneath and my most recent paisley pair are perfect for when you want to feel that little bit more 'stylish'. This is my favourite trend for summer at the moment and really suggest you all go out and try on a pair of Dungarees!


(left to right) Topshop 'Katz', Asos Market 'Flat shoes'

This is the most recent style that I've fallen into the trap of, cut out shoes. This trend is very similar to Marmite, you either going to love it or hate it. I hated it. I really didn't see the appeal in shoes like these but I kept seeing the 'Katz' all over style blogs and over time I just fell in love with this style of shoe. You only have too walk into Topshop and you'll find multiple black flats with all sorts of cut outs within them. They are the perfect shoe to dress up any outfit, from basis t-shirst to dresses and skirts and still look great in the summer because of the cut out detail and ankle strap. Im so excited to pair these with all my outfits this summer.


(Left to right) Urban Outfitters 'Daisy cropped Tee', Inct '90's white T-shirt', American Apparel 'Helvetica Alphabet T-shirt'
Lastly, Graphic and Monochrome. I've put both these trends together as that's how been wearing and loving them. I've only recently come to discover my love for monochrome clothing, it just seems to always look put together and classy but when mixed together with graphic styled T-shirts it adds this edge that is perfect for the summer. Graphic T-shirts look perfect styled with high waisted shorts, skirts and jeans and also under dungarees along with a trusty pair of converse. I always find myself tucking them in to add shape to the basic tee shape. You can't go wrong with these styles, they are easy to get your hands on and seem to work on everybody.

Bethany, xoxo





2 comments: