Sunday 11 August 2013

Review: Gel Nails...


First Time 

Painting your nails is a hassle. As much as I love to choose the colour that I want my nails to be and they way they look all shiny afterwards, theres always that one dodgy nail that is messed up and it always ends up chipping after the second day so you end up repainting them constantly. Gel Nails are everywhere at the moment, but I really didn't see what the big fuss was... until I tried it. I enjoy getting my nails done and I'm sure most of you girls do. I've been desperate to try this whole Gel nail look but I kept putting it off until I took the plunge a couple of months ago and just went for it and you know what, I never want to go back to painting my nails!

Second Time







So what are Gel Nails? Theres absolutely nothing fake about them at all! It's basically a special, really thick nail varnish that sets under UV light and dries when placed under this light. It looks super shiny and lasts weeks. On average it should last up to 2 weeks but its different on everyone depending on your nail type. For me this lasted for 6 weeks! Your nails do grow during this off course so you can really keep it until you don't like how it looks and starts weakening and chipping.
I've now had it redone for the second time and I'm onto m third week! As I am away on holiday surfing and spending time near the sand its slightly wearing but still looks really shiny                                                                                                            
and well done and can see it lasting a while longer.

I do recommend Gel Nails to anybody thinking about getting it done, you will never go back.

Bethany, xoxo



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I've been wanting to try these! Did you get a gel nail kit or go to a salon?

    ~Katie~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. salon :D hopefully will eventually invest in a kit cause its so worth it :)

      Delete