Sunday 4 August 2013

But I don't like wearing my hair up...

I've never been one to wear my hair up. I can't remember the last time I actually decided to wear my hair up until recently. I've got naturally curly, long and thick hair so I usually get headaches when I wear it all up and I've never thought I've suited that look of all of my hair off my face. I'm always told that I should wear my hair up but I'm comfortable with just wearing it down. 
However, this summer I've really tried hard to find cute ways to wear my hair up off my face and still feel comfortable wearing it and not taking it out halfway through the day. Some of you may be the same and find this helpful so here's a few I've been using:


                                                         1. The Simple Ponytail:

What I've enjoyed doing recently is straightening my hair at the roots and plaiting the front of my hair creating a french braid. This adds interest to a simple ponytail and volume so all your hairs not just scraped off the front of your head. I then simply tie up the rest of my hair into a high ponytail and either adding a bow or '90's' style scrunchie. I also like to pull out the small baby hairs at the front giving it a more laid back and messy look.




                                                                             2. The Side Braid:

I've never really thought that a regular side braid suited me. It takes away any volume and just really doesn't work on me. Until I found this picture (Right) which inspired me to give it another try. By very loosing plaiting and ending a way from the bottom of the hair it adds a different look to if you were to carry on plaiting till the end. This also allows you to have volume and hair down around your face. I wore this too the beach and it was perfect!




                                                                         3. The Messy Bun: 

 (Left) I yet have to wear this out of the house but I do think it's the perfect lazy undo for hair that needs a wash. I basically did the simple twisted bun method and made sure all the pieces were secure before pulling it apart and adding volume and size to the bun all whilst not using a mirror surprisingly which of course you can use.
(Right) I found this photograph yesterday and thought it was so cute and was perfect! I have yet to try it but I shall be this week!


So which one's your favourite?

Bethany, xoxo


1 comment: