Friday 30 August 2013

My week in Switzerland...

For as long as I can remember I've gone camping every summer with Guides or Explorers. But until recently every camp with Explorers I've been going abroad, last year it was Belgium and this year we were lucky enough to go to Switzerland. Dare I say, I had the most amazing 10 days I've had in a long time. I always get wary and anxious leading up to camps like these as I never really know what to expect as each is very different from the last but after a 20 hour coach journey of listening to 'Can we Dance' and 'Best Song Ever' on repeat I had absolutely nothing to worry about.


We were staying in a small town called Kandersteg, completely surrounded by mountains. where there is an international scout centre in which loads of scouts from all over the world come and camp or stay in chalets allowing you meet other people and be surrounded with people your age all the time whilst on site. This allowed me to make some amazing friends whilst I was away and hopefully stay in contact with.
Even though we would stay on site a majority of the time we also ventured off quite a bit as well. I experienced some amazing opportunities such as white water rafting, high ropes, swimming, riding a rodelbahn (which is almost like tobogganing but within a metal slide), I saw some amazing views such as lakes and mountains (even just waking up to the site of mountains was  and visit a chocolate and cheese factory.

Overall, I had the most amazing 10 days in switzerland and the weather was stunning. I would go back in an instant as I really didn't want to come home.

Sadly I didn't take my Canon with me but here are a few photos from my trip:


 












 Bethany, xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment